WOD Expansion Forum Topic

Contract

WOD Expansion Forum Topic

Post by Contract » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:35 pm

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10703970357#1

Random loot even more random. World of Diablocraft? Seems exceptionally awful to me.
I am now the best of the pile of amid my pals -Evomiaemema

Dae

Re: WOD Expansion Forum Topic

Post by Dae » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:24 am

i don't mind the gem changes.
picking between pieces could be harder, do you go for the level boost or for the gem socket? not as easily comparable as just mastery vs crit etc.
sounds like healers will want to stack gem sockets so they can get spirit?
people will still make tertiary stat sets, and they'll farm older tiers to get the pieces too =P
making luck a larger factor kind of makes bonus rolls an absolute necessity
sounds like very little will be offspec anymore
weapons may still be agi or str or int eh? bleh
i think removing dodge/parry and the skills that proc on these is a dumb move. bonus armor is more boring and not a good stat.
spirit still remains the most interesting stat, as it's the most personally subjective.
I don't ever want to feel; Like I did that day; Take me to the place I love; Take me all the way
- "Under the Bridge" Red Hot Chili Peppers

Foof

Post by Foof » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:43 pm

They're doing amazing thing for hybrid classes - set bonuses changing based on current spec should have happened a long time ago. I'll reserve judgement on the other bits until I actually try it out...

On a different note, Ghostcrawler announced that he was leaving today. He gets a lot of hate but he's done a lot of things for both WoW and the community. On the flip side, lots of oldschool names coming back for WoD - will be interesting to see what they do with the game now that it's evolved significantly past TBC.

Contract

Post by Contract » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:20 pm

they came back hours later stating that a lot of raid gear is going to still have static stats on them and these new random pieces will be sought after but not required.
I am now the best of the pile of amid my pals -Evomiaemema