Old Forum Conversion

Dae

Old Forum Conversion

Post by Dae » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:09 am

well, i set up mysql on my home machine and started "source" on the sql file at 5am. it kept running til 2pm when i decided i just had to sleep (i'm estimating it was 100 out of 133 done).

first thing i did tonight was "truncate" or full delete all 3 of the search tables.
I don't ever want to feel; Like I did that day; Take me to the place I love; Take me all the way
- "Under the Bridge" Red Hot Chili Peppers

OnlyJames

Re: Old Forum Conversion

Post by OnlyJames » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:01 pm

Theres some pretty good info on phpbb2 to 3 conversions using only the backup files out there.

I've seen it done once or twince.

Whipwreck
Failbear

Post by Whipwreck » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:43 pm

Yeah, I've been looking into it. Probably just keep the old forums as a reference. So much junk in there that doesn't need to be kept but some that would be nice to see or refer to.
"Once you've made the philosophical decision not to commit suicide, you're committed to being an optimist."

Paragon

Post by Paragon » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:59 pm

Whipwreck wrote:Yeah, I've been looking into it. Probably just keep the old forums as a reference. So much junk in there that doesn't need to be kept but some that would be nice to see or refer to.
I'm largely of this opinion as well. There's no need to migrate the old forums at all, anything of a critical nature that still has WLK pertinence can be brought across manually.