Well Here You Have It...The Raid Nerf

zyion

Well Here You Have It...The Raid Nerf

Post by zyion » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:51 pm

With the final showdown against Deathwing approaching, we’ve been keeping a close eye on players' progress through the current Firelands raid content. Before patch 4.3 is released, we want groups who are working on Heroic-difficulty content to be able to get as close to Ragnaros as possible, and we want players who are tackling normal progression to be able to experience as many of the encounters as they can. To achieve these goals, we’ll be toning down the difficulty of both normal and Heroic raids through hotfixes in the coming weeks. In general, we plan to reduce health and damage of all raid bosses in both normal and Heroic Firelands by around the same percentage we brought difficulty down for the original Cataclysm raids when Rage of the Firelands (patch 4.2) was released.

We're looking forward to seeing more groups of players face off against the Fire Lord in the weeks ahead. However, before we make these changes, we want to give everyone a final shot at the bosses at their current difficulty level -- so this is a heads up that we’re planning to apply the difficulty hotfixes beginning the week of September 19.

Stay tuned to the Patch 4.2 Hotfixes blog for these and other live updates to the game as they happen.

Cyntric

Re: Well Here You Have It...The Raid Nerf

Post by Cyntric » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:06 pm

Well that's lame.

Dae

Post by Dae » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:33 pm

I think I preferred ICC's 5% at a time rather than cata's super nerf.
I don't ever want to feel; Like I did that day; Take me to the place I love; Take me all the way
- "Under the Bridge" Red Hot Chili Peppers

OnlyJames

Post by OnlyJames » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:07 pm

well hard to believe this expansions almost over.

Sensistar

Post by Sensistar » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:33 pm

As announced in the ‘Firelands Raid Changes Incoming’ blog post ( http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/349...ming-9_12_2011 ), we’ll be making the below hotfixes which have gone into effect during today's raid reset.

Normal difficulty

Shannox, Beth’tilac, Rhyolith - health and damage reduced by 15%.
Other bosses - health and damage reduced by 25%.
All adds’ health and damage have been reduced in the same proportions as bosses.
Hellhounds and Unstable Magma deal much less damage.
Alysrazor’s Fiery Tornados move slower. (if you still die to this, you fail)
The Wings of Flame buff duration on Alysrazor is now uniformly 30 seconds.
Alysrazor drops 1 additional feather for 10-player mode and 2 additional feathers for 25-player mode in all cycles.
Wrath of Ragnaros in Stage 1 now knocks targets up, but not back.

Heroic difficulty

Boss health and damage reduced by 15% (Heroic Ragnaros' health has not been reduced.)
All adds’ health and damage have been reduced in the same proportions as bosses. However, Heroic Ragnaros adds have been reduced by 15%.
The Wings of Flame buff duration on Alysrazor is now uniformly 30 seconds.
Alysrazor drops 1 additional feather for 10-player mode and 2 additional feathers for 25-player mode in all cycles.

Stay tuned to the 4.2 Hotfixes blog post as these and other live updates are made to the game: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3019413

Odeen

Post by Odeen » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:22 pm

Bah, they don't have the one nerf I wanted to see: we've removed half the trash...

Sensistar

Post by Sensistar » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:55 pm

lol

Cyntric

Post by Cyntric » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:58 pm

These changes make me sad.