Internet issues

Whipwreck
Failbear

Internet issues

Post by Whipwreck » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:16 pm

So I've heard about this but never had it happen until now. I got my router hooked up to the stupid comcast telephone/internet modems. Now when ever there is a phone call the connection goes out until the call is completed and the phone hung up. Right now I can't seem to find any reason for it. Anyone else have an idea? The router is in perfect working condition btw.
"Once you've made the philosophical decision not to commit suicide, you're committed to being an optimist."

Whipwreck
Failbear

Re: Internet issues

Post by Whipwreck » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:19 pm

Nevermind, just realized the phones here are wireless phones running at a nice 2.4ghz. Yay for my router and modem using the same band.
"Once you've made the philosophical decision not to commit suicide, you're committed to being an optimist."

OnlyJames

Post by OnlyJames » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:31 pm

LOL. seen it a million times.

Whipwreck
Failbear

Post by Whipwreck » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:48 pm

I'm not used to having land lines around. I had a landline for a short time two years ago because verizon didn't have their phone/dsl split yet. never used the phone though. So I totally spaced about wireless conflicts. Just changing the router to channel 11 (no super G mode for me =\) resolves the conflict.