Battle.net (Merged Accounts) 3.1 issues

Akiava

Battle.net (Merged Accounts) 3.1 issues

Post by Akiava » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:15 pm

Apparently if you have merged accounts and created a Battle.net account you might encounter issues when logging into wow. Unfortunately, I did merge my account and whenever I try to log into wow I get an error that says "Unable to validate game version." This is linked with the merged accounts from what I have been reading on the wow forums. So DO NOT uninstall and re-install the game. So don't delete stuff it is all blizzard side.

Quoted from Blue.
Each Auth server has a "fingerprint" system. For World of Warcraft, two exists: original WoW account login system and the Battle.net login system. The World of Warcraft one was updated to accept connections from 3.1.0 build 9767. The Battle.net one isn't ready yet.

Dae

Re: Battle.net (Merged Accounts) 3.1 issues

Post by Dae » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:22 pm

so being lazy about not wanting to change my passwords has actually helped me, huh?
I don't ever want to feel; Like I did that day; Take me to the place I love; Take me all the way
- "Under the Bridge" Red Hot Chili Peppers

OnlyJames

Post by OnlyJames » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:23 pm

yeah I'm in no hurry to make the switch to battle.net until another game requires me to do it.

Akiava

Post by Akiava » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:24 pm

Dae wrote:so being lazy about not wanting to change my passwords has actually helped me, huh?
Haha yes. I regret merging my account.

Hansell

Post by Hansell » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:41 pm

TY aki - I thought it was just me :(