Motorcycles!!!

Contract

Motorcycles!!!

Post by Contract » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:56 pm

I am looking into getting a Motorcycle, something in the Supersport catagory. I am a new rider (just passed Motorcycle Safety Training to get my license) and will be licensed at the end of this week or early next week. (pending I pass the written test). I am already aware that I am going to die in a horrifically bloody motorcycle accident, so no need to worry about that.:?

I have been looking at a few Manufactuars including Yamaha, Suzuki, and Honda.

Bikes I am considering:
Yamaha YZF-R6, Yamaha YZF-R1
Suzuki GSX-600, Suzuki GSX-750, Suzuki GSX-1000
Honda CBR600RR, Honda CBR1000RR, Honda Interceptor

I would love to hear anyones thoughts, ideas, experiences, or stories.
I am now the best of the pile of amid my pals -Evomiaemema

Doogen

Re: Motorcycles!!!

Post by Doogen » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:40 am

I just spoke to a woman today who's boyfriend wrecked her bike two weeks ago. He is back to work, arm in a cast due to a broken collarbone. He is still dizzy and taking medicine from the concussion. "They" have ridden together for a number of years.

My father broke his leg in six places while I watched him lay the bike down to avoid a young girl. He was out of work, @ home for nine months and in casts or other apparatus for approximately eighteen months.

Purchase the Hyabusa, all the pain and suffering will be over very quickly. Asphalt and air turn to a new, cruel surfaces over about 140 to 150 mph.
Doog. Call me Doog.
DE WWS reports may be found @ http://wowwebstats.com/xvoc6spyryqca.

Contract

Post by Contract » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:16 am

Doogen wrote:I just spoke to a woman today who's boyfriend wrecked her bike two weeks ago. He is back to work, arm in a cast due to a broken collarbone. He is still dizzy and taking medicine from the concussion. "They" have ridden together for a number of years.

My father broke his leg in six places while I watched him lay the bike down to avoid a young girl. He was out of work, @ home for nine months and in casts or other apparatus for approximately eighteen months.

Purchase the Hyabusa, all the pain and suffering will be over very quickly. Asphalt and air turn to a new, cruel surfaces over about 140 to 150 mph.
I stated in my original post that I am already at terms with my impending doom. Do I care? No.

Analysa

Post by Analysa » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:37 am

Are you going to get a bright green crotch rocket and then get a bright green jacket and helmet to match it? My cousin did that. He is so cool.

OnlyJames

Post by OnlyJames » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:32 pm

I've owned a dozen or more hondas and used to race a 600RR way back in the day. So i'll always have a soft spot for the Hondas.

that being said the YZFs are quite awesome.

I generally tell new riders to avoid the litre class and stick with the 600s but a big part of that is how and where you intend to ride. if you're going to go long distances you need the bigger bike as they tend to be a lot smoother on the long haul (although none of the bikes you listed tend to be "great" touring bikes)

really though what you buy these days tends to come down a lot to personal preferences. make sure you sit each bike and check the rider adjustments. some bikes suit taller riders (honda) better than others. God help anyone 6'3" like me on a Suzuki. i'm quite convinced that nobody working in r & d there is over 5'5" tall.

oh and remember

Keep the shiny side up!

Contract

Post by Contract » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:06 pm

OnlyJames wrote:really though what you buy these days tends to come down a lot to personal preferences. make sure you sit each bike and check the rider adjustments. some bikes suit taller riders (honda) better than others. God help anyone 6'3" like me on a Suzuki. i'm quite convinced that nobody working in r & d there is over 5'5" tall.

oh and remember

Keep the shiny side up!
It's actually good to know that Suzuki fits a shorter rider as I am not that tall. I really don't plan on doing anything extraordinary on the bike, a lot of practicing is what I forsee.

Whipwreck
Failbear

Post by Whipwreck » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:55 pm

Well even with wanting more of a sport bike you had listed the interceptor. Those bikes are awesome. Sportbike performance but you can sit on them comfortably for longer rides. Also a Busa is nice, especially with a turbo and NO2 installed. THe 1000RR is a beast of a bike as well. Though a seriously good "muscle bike" is the Yamaha/Star VMax. Those bikes kick some ass. Cruiser styling with superbike performance. For me my bike atm is just an 83 Honda Nighthawk 650 (dreaming of a VMax). Love my bike. Almost zero maintenance, I'd say zero but I have to change the oil on it. I am one of the lucky ones. Been riding for quite a while and have never dropped a bike in an way shape or form. This includes when I didn't have a car and had to drive my bike 140 mi round trip everyday in winter. Now if I could just get my damn Van out here that has my 750 chopper parts in it... Also I wouldn't over look the Kawasaki Ninja bikes. They new generation of them are pretty killer.
"Once you've made the philosophical decision not to commit suicide, you're committed to being an optimist."

Xell

Post by Xell » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:06 pm

Wear a helmet.

Contract

Post by Contract » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:59 pm

Just past my written test down at the DMV and I am now a License Motorcycle rider. Going out of town this weekend and looking at some Motorcycle Dealerships. I will probably shop around for over a month until I find what I really want.

I have to get some practice in so I can go ride with my Mom. 8-)
Xell wrote:Wear a helmet.
I will, I plan on getting complete riding gear for safety and I'm not going to do anything crazy on my bike.

Proxima

Post by Proxima » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:40 am

Contract wrote:
Xell wrote:Wear a helmet.
I will, I plan on getting complete riding gear for safety and I'm not going to do anything crazy on my bike.
booo!!!:P jk! /hide