New Toy!

Whipwreck
Failbear

New Toy!

Post by Whipwreck » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:25 pm

"Once you've made the philosophical decision not to commit suicide, you're committed to being an optimist."

OnlyJames

Re: New Toy!

Post by OnlyJames » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:28 pm

dude. you seriously need to tidy up a bit before you post pictures ;)

Whipwreck
Failbear

Post by Whipwreck » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:50 pm

meh, that was just my backpack and stuff getting ready for the gym.
"Once you've made the philosophical decision not to commit suicide, you're committed to being an optimist."

Whipwreck
Failbear

Post by Whipwreck » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:20 am

Just for you James. Pic of my desk atm. What you don't see is the other 15in notebook under the desk, the notebook in the living room, and the 4 other towers under the desk. I would have more monitors up but as you can see I ran out of room over all for at least two more 19in monitors and a 17in. Yes I do use all of them. Some are task specific boxes, have one server and the other is a partial server/media box.

Whipwreck
Failbear

Post by Whipwreck » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:57 am

FIgured someone would have done it. Though mine is sort of better. Has a better processor but when they changed SSD to the new version of the Mini they actually got slower. So yeah, tempted to bring my external HDD to work with me.

OnlyJames

Post by OnlyJames » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:17 pm

save me the trouble of looking up the detailed specs on it.

low end onboard video? or do you actually get decent performance?

Whipwreck
Failbear

Post by Whipwreck » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:06 pm

this one has intel 945 chipset but the new msi wind will be coming with the amd3200 iirc

OnlyJames

Post by OnlyJames » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:21 am

that might be playable

Whipwreck
Failbear

Post by Whipwreck » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:57 am

theres always bigger and better coming out but I happen to like this model quite abit. The keyboard on it is the best out there right now. Its like 96%. So it does what i need it to do. Plan on upgrading some hardware etc later on. Right now I have Window 7 running flawlessly and super fast on it. Probably going to install the Ubuntu Netbook Remix tonight or tomorrow while at work. I would swap for HP MI but its a little to restrictive for me atm. I really like the look of the remix. I just hope I dont bork things before my eternal DVD drive comes in.

Whipwreck
Failbear

Post by Whipwreck » Fri May 22, 2009 8:19 am

No real reason other then to update the pic that i posted in this thread with my cluttered retard desk.