Testing with a new account

Whipwreck
Failbear

Re: Testing with a new account

Post by Whipwreck » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:06 pm

had never heard of it. Look nifty though, probably give it a whirl later today.
"Once you've made the philosophical decision not to commit suicide, you're committed to being an optimist."

Reaper

Post by Reaper » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:26 pm

I still like slackware.
░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░░▀ ░░░▀░▀ ░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░

Whipwreck
Failbear

Post by Whipwreck » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:44 pm

who doesn't like slackware? Though i haven't had it installed on a machine in quite a few years. Been tempted to play with opensolaris. I really need to setup a box just for distro testing and a virtual station. I had also been really happy with openSuSE and fedora's latest release was pretty decent too. I'll probably stick with Ubuntu at least for now. So far it has been the best distro on my laptop. The only issue I have had with it I have with everyone. Having an onboard ATI Xpress 1100 video card. No real linux drivers for it.
"Once you've made the philosophical decision not to commit suicide, you're committed to being an optimist."

Rahliac

Post by Rahliac » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:40 am

OpenSolaris is nice i played with it for about a day and went back to linux. Some reason like you whip I always go back to some Ubuntu flavor or Suse until BSD or Solaris has better support for IWL drivers (intel 4965).

Whipwreck
Failbear

Post by Whipwreck » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:14 am

SO I've been playing with Linux Mint for about an hour and a half on the LiveCD, posting this from it. I will have to say its really nice. Its Ubuntu but "clean." Its version of Gnome is a bit odd, combo of Gnome and KDE but fast and clean. Probably going to do an actual install of it and see how it goes. Granted I got Ubuntu up and going how I liked it but that really isn't hard to recreate if I decide to go back to standard 8.10.

Rahliac

Post by Rahliac » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:37 pm

sudo su
apt install avant-window-navigator

Whipwreck
Failbear

Post by Whipwreck » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:08 pm

ok macboy ;P